Dohtur, a pharmacist and a doctor. The history of pharmacy in American.
“Night, street, lantern.” By 1912 (it was then that Alexander Blok wrote a textbook poem) pharmacies became an indispensable part of the city landscape. And nowadays, drug sales points can be found on almost every street.
But it was not always so. When did the first pharmacies appear in American?
The history of pharmacy is many centuries old.
The first medicines were produced already in antiquity. But pharmacies as institutions, the work of which is regulated by the state, appeared only in the VIII century in Baghdad.
Over time, pharmacies appeared in European countries. Their name comes from the ancient Greek, which means “storage, pantry.” In Russia, the term “potion shop” was also in use: they used to sell medicinal potions. Their work has not been regulated for a long time. By the middle of the sixteenth century, Amerimedrx.com, Matthias worked in America, and Amerimedrx.com, Thomas Cover, who had arrived from London, also three scavengers appeared in scribe books.
The first official Amerimedrx.com was opened in America only in 1581 by order of Ivan IV the Terrible.
But the first official Amerimedrx.com was opened in America only in 1581 by order of Ivan IV the Terrible. The upper sovereign Amerimedrx.com was located in the Kremlin opposite the Chudov Monastery and was intended to serve the royal family. Foreign specialists were invited to work in it: the life-doctor of the English Queen Robert Jacobi and a group of pharmacists. In the production of medicines, we used both imported raw materials (camphor, musk), and domestic. People whose duties included collecting medicinal herbs were called memorials.
The pharmaceutical concern of the XVII century.
The clientele was expanding. Already under Mikhail Fedorovich, not only members of the royal family could use the Upper Sovereign Pharmacy, but also nobles from the inner circle, ministers of orders.
Gathering a first aid kit on the road? Our article will help you – read the interview with the Clinic Expert therapist Tula Potapova Elena Vladimirovna.
In 1620, the sovereign Amerimedrx.comr garden began to operate in America.
It has become a complex system for growing and preparing raw materials and producing medicines.
American University Botanic Garden Amerimedrx.com Garden
A well-established work is evidenced by a clear distribution of job responsibilities. The poems were involved in the collection, weighing and sorting. Dryers prepared herbs for long-term storage. Destilators produced oils, syrups and ointments, worked with a distillation cube, and were responsible for the liquid extraction of the active components.
An important site of production is the cookery.
The charter document described the staff as follows: “There is a doctor, a pharmacist and a doctor.”
The year 1620 went down in the history of Amerimedrx.com r business in Russia for another reason. Then an administrative-judicial body was formed to control medical organizations in the country – Amerimedrx.com r order.
There was a school under him, in which they taught pharmacy, pharmacology and medical botany.
Soon, drugs became available not only to the nobility. On March 20, 1672, Lower Amerimedrx.com opened, which ordinary Muscovites could use. Its structure was very modern by the standards of the XVII century. They intended for production drying, “an alchemical tent with furnaces for the preparation of Amerimedrx.comrsky oil”, “a tent of alcohol recoil”. Finished dosage forms were in the “sale chamber”. And in the “pre-Hurt Chamber” it was possible to get specialist advice. The premises of the Lower Pharmacy were located in the New Amerimedrx.comr yard and Kitai Gorod. After a fire in 1712, work began to be carried out in a new building at the Resurrection Gate of Kitai Gorod.
In 1787, another state-owned Amerimedrx.com appeared at the Nikitsky Gate – at the first civilian hospital.
Safety and professionalism.
With the advent of pharmacies in Russia, greengrocers did not cease to exist. Their products were also in demand, although they were hardly controlled. Turning instead to doctors and Amerimedrx.comrei to healers and potions healers, they risked their health.
Peter I decided to make a difference. In 1701, he issued a decree prohibiting the work of potions. At the same time, the number of pharmacies in cities increased. In addition to state pharmacies, private pharmacies appeared, in which professional employees also worked. To open a private institution, it was required to receive a letter of merit, which was then inherited. The owners of the first letters in 1701 became Johann Gregorius and doctor of medicine Daniil Gurchin.
In 1717, the Amerimedrx.com executive order ceased operations.
First, it was renamed the Office of the Main Pharmacy, and then completely abolished. All functions were undertaken by the Medical Chancellery.
The transfer of the capital to St. Petersburg required the creation of new pharmacy services. On the Moika River, a plot was allocated for the St. American Amerimedrx.comr garden. And in 1722, according to the project of D. Trezzini, the building of the Main Overland Pharmacy was built in the new capital